Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year Snow in the U.P.

Tonight is my last night in Michigan. I have to leave in the morning to head back to Indiana. I will enjoy being back home, but time with family goes by way too fast! We have had a couple late movie and game nights (or one night I stayed up reading a Karen Kingsbury book). Lots of playing Apples to Apples, Rook (7up), Scattergories, and Scene It. I also enjoyed watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2 that I got for Christmas!

Last night coming back home from church at 1 AM after the New Year's Eve service and game night at church the snow was really coming down and the roads were really bad. We got about 6 inches of heavy, wet snow overnight that my dad had the job of snowblowing out this morning. The snow looked really beautiful, and I was SO GLAD to see it! Truly.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pics! Good ol' home sweet home.

Anonymous said...

I didn't scroll down to see all the pictures from the neighborhood. Let's see those pictures were from New Year's Day. It is now January 11 and most of the snow is gone. No snow We've had a few dustings. It was close to 40 degrees today. But the bitter cold is on its way. Oops, you are calling. Time to quit.