Saturday, March 17, 2007

No Rest for the Weary

(Disclaimer: The following contains the rantings of a tired, cranky, and unstable person.)

I've been too tired to sleep lately. I feel almost like I'm so far behind on my sleep that I will never get caught up, so I don't even want to try. I know that I've been "working" extra hours lately due to the many school funcions the past couple weeks: late evenings preparing for the Friendship Banquet, the last two days spending about 6 hours in a bus to and from Anderson, IN, leaving at 7:00 a.m. and not getting home until about 8:30. Spending Saturday (today) at a choir competition for another 5 hours of competition-related activities. I'm worn out. The hard part has been that I have still not quite recovered from being sick (the sickness has been tickling my throat--not much of a voice--the past few days still). And I've just not had good nights of sleep. I know, I know, I should probably do a better job at going to bed on time, especially since I've been so tired, but I've almost been too tired to care (bad, I know). I've been a bad girl and staying up watching movies, because when you get home at 8:30 and then take the dog for a walk, you don't feel like going to bed yet--and the dog hasn't been much help. Juju is usually up for at least 3 hours from whenever I get home, so if I don't get home until 8:30 I can pretty much guarantee I'll be up with her until about 11:00 or 12:00, keeping her from chewing up my things or playing with her and putting her in and out. But I came into this dog thing with my eyes wide open...I knew that she would she require lots of time and TLC. But some days I wish I could sleep in and Ju would sleep in (or go to bed at 9:00) and not get me up at 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning. I am even having a hard time taking afternoon naps; I just can't sleep...

I'm not a morning person. I like staying up late, but I can definitely feel it taking its toll...do I get a day off?? I am really looking forward to summer vacation.

Okay. I'm done.

Sarah made this special St. Patrick's Day supper and it's time to eat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer that you haven't been getting any sleep. Guess it's time to get rid of the dog :) Just kidding, I know you love her...that makes one of us!! haha. Sometimes I like her :) Go to bed on time tonight!!! You have no excuse!!!! When I come home tonight after the Bible study I'll tuck you in and turn off the lights and unplug the tv and muzzle the dog :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a sister that's takin' care of you, Beth. I have another suggestion--how about drive up to the UP on Friday for a relaxing weekend. Sounds like a blast, huh? Looking forward to seein' ya'll then!

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to having all of you home this weekend. I can't promise you will get sleep,though!