Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Yearly Ritual

Besides turning a year older at the end of the school year, May is a very busy time of year for me. Every year I promise myself that I will get started on things earlier the next year and won't procrastinate so much...but every year it happens again!

But I have now successfully made it through 4 Spring Programs for Faith Christian School, both accompanying and making PowerPoint presentations for all. I am in the midst of rehearsals for Kindergarten graduation (Thursday night) and high school graduation (Saturday). Then somehow I take on extra responsibilities...some of my own projects and some for others. I somehow end up taking pictures for classrooms, bringing my accordian into 3rd grade and singing camp songs, having a piano recital, doing piano progress reports, spending COUNTLESS hours putting together a 72-minute DVD (and of course recording background music for it, adding sound effects, making a gag reel, and making a nice picture cover for it--and making 25 copies of it and 25 copies of a 361-picture CD). And of course when the DVD doesn't save (when I've been up until 2:30 AM working on finalizing it) troubleshooting it over the next 2 days trying to get it to save (and THEN duplicating it)! Oh, and cleaning my house, making a cake, helping with the Cakewalk for EagleFair, etc.

So I've been on the computer a lot lately but every spare minute was spent on this crazy DVD project, which is a lot of fun but a BIG time-eater. So sorry I haven't updated my blog or even read email lately. I didn't get on Facebook to read my birthday messages until 2 days later!

I WAS going to do some scrapbooking too, but of course that hasn't happened...that can wait until next week when school's out now!

I think, however, that down deep I thrive on the thrill of the last-minute crunch. But now I'm so exhausted I think it will take me all summer to recover!

Sorry, gotta go make graduation cards and work on the powerpoint for Kindergarten graduation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad your craziness is almost over with.

Anonymous said...

I got tired just reading all the work you've put into the end of the year projects (people say that about my writing, too). Hope your recital goes well tonight--school still isn't quite done:)