Thursday, September 14, 2006

Resetting the Clocks

Lately we've had quite a few thunderstorms that have caused the power to blink off at home, causing a thousand and one clocks to start flashing "reset me!" "reset me!" (you didn't know I had that many clocks at home, did you? I didn't either). We had a doozy of a storm on Tuesday night between 8 and 9; the power went out at least twice, and the lightning was just awesome! But anyway, it seems that just the time I get around to finally setting the clocks, the power will blink off again--and there goes all that work down the drain! In fact, I don't think I've even reset the clock in my bathroom yet. It's probably still flashing at this very moment.

Okay, spiritual application. Even though it's a pain to have to reset clocks when the electricity goes out, it is a good idea to check them and make sure that they are all running at the right time (or even a few minutes fast). It was a good reminder to me to do the same kind of "reset" in my spiritual life. The beginning of the school year is a good time to "reset the clocks" and begin afresh with personal Bible reading and prayer and setting new goals. It's also not a good idea to be stuck in the "flashing 12:00" mode where I am stuck in limbo. I need to be moving forward with a purpose, on track, sync'ed (sp?) up with my Master.

No comments: