Wednesday, September 19, 2007

An Open Invitation

If you live anywhere near the Greater Lafayette area, I want to personally invite you (well, I guess this is as only as personal as a blog post, but consider yourself personally invited) to a City-Wide Night of Worship at the Long Center THIS Sunday from 7:00-9:00.

It will be a night of praising God with singing, and even though you might not know all of the songs at first (as I didn't but I've learned them now), I'm sure there will be quite a few that you do know and can sing out heartily on. (It will be very similar to the format of the June 10 N.O.W.)

If you are hesitating because you want to know what songs we'll be singing and who else will be there, let me better inform you. Titus Curtis will again be leading, and vocal members from FBC include the talented Annette Benson and our very own Steven Sturm. The bass player (Kurt) from ECC is amazing, and with Steve Mellema on drums how can we go wrong? There are also other extrememly talented people (from our church and others) involved in making music in praise to our great God. We have been in rehearsals for this over the past week or so (some nice long rehearsals, in fact we will have probably spent about 12-15 hours in rehearsing for this before all is said and done) trying to make these songs sound like they do on the CD recordings.

The songs include (but are not limited to):
"Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble"
"I Am Free"
"Matchless"
"Nothing But the Blood"
"I Will Sing of My Redeemer"
"Grace Like Rain"
"Strong Tower"
"Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting"
"In the Secret"
"Take it All"
"From the Inside Out"
"Fairest Lord Jesus"
"Alive Forever Amen"
"My Savior My God"

Hope to see you Sunday night at the Long Center from 7:00-9:00. Come ready to sing!! (And hey, if you are not a singer, you can come and listen anyway!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My conflict is that it is scheduled at the same time as the Vision of Hope orientation meeting. Thank you for using your skillful music ability for us to worship our awesome God!