Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tom Clancy


This summer I decided to branch out into a new reading material: Tom Clancy. Even though it took working at it most of the summer (reading it off and on) I finally finished "The Sum of All Fears" by Tom Clancy. My cousin Mark was actually the impetus behind this, because if you will remember this spring that Sarah and I went to Chicago to visit my Sailor cousin, and while we were in Borders he said that he loved to read Tom Clancy, so I thought I'd give it a try. I like the action movies, and I know I'd seen the movie "The Sum of All Fears" at some point, so I got the book from the library. I did enjoy the story line, although I wasn't used to all of the swear words that could have been omitted. I ended up getting the movie after I read the book, and I have to say that the book WAS better than the movie. I can't believe they changed so many characters in the movie--and that Tom Clancy let them do that! Anyway, I'm always looking for a good read and have to thank my cousin Mark for getting me started on Tom Clancy.

1 comment:

Jonathan Haynie said...

It's true, he does have a lot of really good books. Although most of them magically contain a villian bent on either taking over or ending the world... But still good books, and would be even better without the cussing.