1. You cannot list abstract ideas (i.e. love, truth, etc.).
2. You cannot list people (i.e. Tom Cruise).
3. You must have experienced each item on your list. If you’ve never seen Paris in the spring, then you can’t list it.
4. No commentary is allowed. Avoid the urge to explain why you think such-and-such-a-thing is beautiful.
5. If you post a list, you must invite at least one other blogger to come up with his/her own list. (There is no limit on how many people you invite to join you.)
6. When you post your own list to your own blog, you must include these rules.
So, here goes my list of the Top Ten things I have experienced as most beautiful:
10. Going home to a clean house after a long day and watching a good movie with a bowl of popcorn.
9. God's creation as seen in Glacier National Park in Montana.
8. The Keweenaw Peninsula (in Upper Michigan) in the fall.
7. Walking in the woods with a faithful dog/the sunrise from The Bluff in Ishpeming, Michigan.
6. Canoeing on a river in Canada/walking the sandy beaches of Lake Superior.
5. Playing games with my family at a campsite beside a crackling fire (providing there are no mosquitoes).
4. Singing at the top of your lungs with fellow believers in praise to God.
3. The wedding of a godly man and woman.
2. The funeral of a godly senior saint.
1. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, believing and knowing that He paid the penalty for my sins so I can be forgiven.
And here are the people I would like to continue this revolution, partly because I think their answers will be creative, and partly because I'm sure they always need topics to blog about!
1. Sarah Hill (of Hill's Flippin' Sweet Page)
2. Andrew Doerr (of My Blog)
3. Rob Summer (of A Day in the Life of Me)
4. Rebecca Thomas (of Once Upon a Time)
5. Betty Gray (of A Little Gray Matter)
6. And, of course, anyone else who wants to take part. (and of course seminarybeachbum should post something on my blog since he doesn't have his own yet)
Be sure to leave a comment on my blog if and when you decide to impart your worthy lists of 10 so we can track this growing phenomenon! Happy Blogging!