Thursday, May 18, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today was my birthday. I am now only 2 years away from 30...AAAGHH!! :)

It was a pretty low-key celebration today...considering I "ruined" my surprise party by going to surprise my parents last weekend. So since they didn't come down, I had no surprise party. Miss Wilson's 6th grade sang to me after chapel this morning, and FMT sang to me during Bible class. Mrs. Leffew put up a birthday sign and balloons outside my door. And I got 3 e-cards and 3 cards in the mail when I got home. And a birthday song voice mail from my brother. So that was all very special. My friends the Knolhoffs are going to take me out for breakfast on Saturday. My parents had already given me my present last weekend. So there wasn't much else; I guess that's the case when you get older. :) But I treated myself to a Wendy's frosty after the high school spring concert, which was also last night. The program went well--it was a mix of band, choir, and speech, so my part was fairly simple--just playing for the Jr. high and the Sr. high choir. Jack didn't think we needed a powerpoint, so we didn't even have that!

I think I'm the kind of person who gets more out of something when you can look forward to it, so I don't think surprises are my favorite thing anyway. If you have something to look forward to, for instance, on your birthday, then you know that at least people remembered it was your birthday. When it's all a surprise, they pretend to not know it's your birthday or you have to be very careful what you say. Or you're afraid to say anything that might spoil their surprise. Or if you think there might be something and there's not, there's the danger of disappointment. Anyway, I'm rambling now. But I am looking forward to going out for breakfast on Saturday!

So, thanks to those of you who remembered me on my birthday. Let's do it again next year!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Belated Birthday Beth! I have a blog too...and I just remembered you did too! I am glad you had a fun birthday!

kiwi said...

how many spanish ecards did ya get? how often does that happen? haha! well, i'm glad you had a fun b-day and the spring concert went well. i really wanted to go to it, but i had to take my first aid/CPR class at the Red Cross. have a great fin de semana!

The Two of Us said...

Happy Birthday to You...Again. :) I'm glad you had a good birthday. Apparently you are right that birthdays can tend to fizzle out as you get older. Mine was kind of a bummer this year too. Maybe one day we'll be in the same area and can get together on one of our birthdays and say "Happy Birthday to Us!"

Roberto said...

Holy cow. You are getting old. :)

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»