Friday, March 24, 2006

Fiddler #1

The first night of Fiddler on the Roof is behind us...2 more performances to go: tonight at 7:30 and tomorrow at 3:00.

I thought last night went okay. I heard that the orchestra sounded good, although I thought we could have done a lot better and been a little more together, so we get another chance tonight! There were over 200 tickets sold for last night. Tonight is supposed to be a packed house at 500, and the Saturday matinee already has sold over 300 tickets, according to what I've heard.

I thought Joel and Rebecca (Tevye and Golde) really stepped it up last night and were in their element. And I only noticed one missed line (Christopher/Motel); although it was a funny one, it wasn't that important. Maybe we'll get it in tonight. And maybe he'll make it through that song a little better--but at least it goes with his character anyway, no matter how he sings it.

But overall it went pretty well, and I hope it goes even better for the next 2 performances!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it went fine

Anonymous said...

sorry we didn't live up to your expectations...

bethoven said...

I guess I was speaking mainly from an orchestra perspective the first night; the acting part was great!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.