Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Meditation on Psalm 16

I read this last night in my devotions and was reminded of the good truths in these verses from Psalm 16 (NKJV):

7 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. [Can I say this of the way I've acted today?]
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
[God knows the path He has planned out for me, and there can be no greater joy and contentment than in realizing this. Ultimate joy will only be found in His presence and nothing more.]

No comments: